SDM - "Stop Diabetes Movement "
An Initiative to Stop Diabetes Mellitus through Yoga
"SVYASA - Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana", a name synonymous to Yoga Therapy and Research! Our next mission is to Stop Diabetes through Yoga!
1. Follow up for 5 to 10 years to show that it is possible to change the trend, show a decrease in the number of Diabetes incidences, prevent secondary complications and also possibly "stop diabetes".
2. Yoga with its holistic approach as a science of Holistic living featured by stress-free life style can effectively tackle this organic metabolic syndrome as evidenced by our collaborative research work in Royal Free hospital.
3. In collaboration with St John medical hospital, we have also shown that regular practitioners of yoga will have significantly lower Insulin Resistance compared to non-practitioners as measured by Insulin Clamp, the gold standard for measuring IR.
4. SVYASA brought out a very famous book titled "Yoga for common ailments" in 1991 published by GAIA publishers simultaneously in London, New York and Sydney and later translated into 8 different languages selling lakhs of copies all over the world. This book has diabetes also included in it.
5. An exclusive book on Diabetes and Yoga has been published in 1995 from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Prakashana - SVYP through which we have sold thousands of copies all over India and abroad.
Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana University (SVYASA)
# 19 Eknath Bhavan
Bangalore - 560019
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org